Occo Bucco Warming Winter Stew (Mineral Dense)
Book complimentary discovery call
Gazpacho provides a fantastic amount of vitamin C from the variety of vegetables and is a great support for the immune system.
The vegetables and herbs provide great sources of fibre which is extremely important for your digestive system and immune health – 70% of your immune system resides in your gut afterall.
Adding chopped eggs is a great addition to this soup, adding lean protein, healthy fats and zinc which are also vital for a healthy immune system.
- 2 Occo Bucco joints
- 750ml of Bone broth or stock
- 250ml of filtered or mineral water
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 table spoon Apple cyder vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Mirin
- 1 tablespoon of Tamari soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Paprika, Tumeric, Cumin, Oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Raw or homemade yogurt to garnish (if not available sheep or goat organic certified yogurt is easily digested)
- strip of kombu or other seaweed
- Pour broth or stock into slow cooker or cooking pot.
- Add the Occo bucco to separate pot, add salt, pepper and seal in ghee, butter or coconut oil.
- Then add to broth with, onions, carrots, tomato and garlic, and mix in remaining spices and herbs.
- Add two table spoons of mirin, half a table spoon of tamari soy sauce and one table spoon of apple cyder vinegar.
- If using a slow cooker, cook for 8-12 hours or more. If using a cooking pot over a stove, keep lid on and cook under a medium to high heat for several hours then leave to simmer for an hour or two.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with corriander and a dollop of yogurt.